Note: the 2016 SHR was a great event! See you at the 2017 ride.
- Riders meet in San Pedro at 5:45AM, leaving at 6:30AM. Destination: San Diego’s Liberty Station.
- There are three rest stops which are amply supplied with the highest quality nutritionals (Hammer), along with luscious fruit, etc. We’ll even have chilled INVIGORADE for your drinking pleasure!
- There’s also a lunch stop (lunch provided).
- Sag wagons to assist you with minor mechanical issues.
- Around 2:30PM riders begin arriving in San Diego.
- Bikes are loaded on the truck (in bump-free racks).
- Shower facilities are available at a nearby spa.
- Dinner is pizza, salad, fruit and beer/sodas in a local park (high quality, again provided).
- We get in a luxury bus and ride home! We get back to San Pedro around 10:00PM.
At $135 this event is a bargain. Interested? Print out a copy of the release form and mail/drop it by The Bike Palace before August 10. Get the release form here.
MUST READ: Camp Pendleton has increased their security. Bike riders wishing to transit through the camp (that’s us) must submit to a background check at least two weeks prior to the ride. Here’s the camp’s online application.
Want more info? Take a look at photos from the 2011 event, the 2015 event and the video. Believe us, you’ll love this ride! You don’t have to be a member of Peninsula Cycle Club to go on this ride, however, if you’d like to join, you can do so here: join the club. Questions? Call/email Bob: 310-832-1966 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s a copy of the route map.